Many people have issues with eating too much at once or missing a lot of meals? Does that mean they all have an eating disorder? Not necessarily. There are certain symptoms of eating disorders to look for. You can read about some of those here today. Here at Recovery in Tune in Davie, FL, we would like you to know that we offer treatment for anyone who does have this type of disorder.
Symptoms of Eating Disorders
It is important to recognize if you do have an eating disorder, that way you can get treatment if you need it. Some symptoms of eating disorders that you should look for in yourself or others include:
- Talking about weight, body shape, or food a lot of the time
- Losing or gaining a lot of weight in a short time
- Persistently decreasing the amount of food you eat
- Copulsive exercise habits
- Binge eating
- Abusing diuretics, laxative, emetics, or diet pills
- Denying you have eating issues despite what others in your life say
- Hiding food so you don’t get seen with certain types of food
- Medical issues such as dizziness, dry skin, menstrual irregularities, dental issues, heart disease, or heartburn
The exact symptoms you experience will vary depending on the type of eating disorder you have. However, our team would like to note that no matter what disorder you have, we can help you through an eating disorder treatment plan
Addiction and Eating Disorders
There are millions of people who struggle with both an addiction and an eating disorder. There are studies that show the correlation between these two conditions. Basically, it comes down to the fact that abusing drugs or alcohol can cause self-esteem issues and depression, both of which can affect one’s eating habits. In addition, when someone has an eating disorder, they may abuse drugs or alcohol to cope with how they feel about themselves and their body.
If you have any kind of eating disorder, there are treatment programs that can benefit you. Some of the treatment options include:
- Inpatient residential eating disorder treatment
- Dialectal behavior therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Individual and group therapy
- Meal planning and nutritional guidance
- Eating meals in front of others in a safe and supportive environment
- Help with making healthier grocery lists
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
These are just some of the treatments we offer here at Recovery in Tune. Now that you know a bit about how we can help you, if you do have an eating disorder, reach out to us today to start receiving treatment.
Get Eating Disorder Treatment Today
Do you have issues with eating too much or too little? Are you always concerned about how others see your body or your weight? Do you try to hide food you eat or avoid eating for a few meals so you can lose weight? If you can relate to any of these circumstances, you might have an eating disorder.
Contact us today here at Recovery in Tune, so we can enroll you in an eating disorder treatment program.