Unfortunately, there are many people who have a personality disorder that go untreated or undiagnosed. Some people don’t reach out for help when they need it and others don’t get the right diagnosis or treatment. If you fall into either of these categories, we would like to help you get started on your path to a stronger, more stable life with personality disorder treatment. Reach out to our team here at Recovery in Tune in Davie, FL and we can get you started.
Types of Personality Disorder Treatments at Recovery in Tune
Are you looking for the best personality disorder treatments in Davie, FL or the surrounding areas? If so, our Recovery in Tune team may have just what you need. Some types of personality disorder treatments we offer here include:
- Confidential assessments
- Psychiatrist services
- Individualized care plan
- Co-occurring disorder treatment (detox and recovery from addiction to drugs or alcohol and a personality disorder)
- Management through medications which usually consist of anti-anxiety drugs, antipsychotics, and antidepressants
- Individual therapy which allows you to work by yourself with a therapist to tolerate feelings of distress, improve relationships, and learn how to regulate your emotions
- Family therapy to work with your family as a whole on how to deal with your condition
- Group therapy to educate you and others about triggers, managing emotions, coping skills, and better life skills
- Experiential therapy including, but not limited to, yoga and meditation
These are some of the treatments we might include in your personality disorder treatment program.
Symptoms of Personality Disorders
Depending on which personality disorder you have, you may have a variety of symptoms. Some symptoms that are quite common in personality disorders include:
- Not able to cope with life stressors
- Not able to perform some daily living tasks due to increased agitation, anxiety, or irritability
- Drinking heavily to hide feelings of shame
- Few social relationships
- Having strange or odd thoughts
- Inappropriately displaying your feelings
- Being aggressive
- Issues with how you see yourself
- Like being the center of attention
- Not taking responsibility for your actions
- Feeling anxious all the time
These are some common symptoms of personality disorders. As noted, depending on which personality disorder you have, the symptoms you experience could include these or others, too. You may even have more than one type of personality disorder. Here at Recovery in Tune, we have treatments for any personality disorder you may have.
Get Into a Personality Disorder Treatment Program Today
Struggling with a personality disorder can take all the energy you have. It may frighten, worry or frustrate you. Others in your life may be unsure of how to react to you and the behaviors you display. If you do have a personality disorder, of any type, you may want to consider getting treatment. Treatment program professionals are trained to deal with these disorders and treat them according to each individual’s symptoms and needs.
Contact us today here at Recovery in Tune to enroll in a personality disorder treatment program.